By Lisa Prassack, President, Prassack Advisors
Over the last two years I have heard from the C-suite in agriculture, food, and investment that they seek to “Accelerate The Promise of Technology-Driven Ag and Food Production.” They requested we bring together global industry leaders––from both inside and outside of agriculture––to engage in the best-practice conversations that are a necessary exercise on road to innovation. This event is the beginning of this journey, and why I have been working as a special advisor with the team at PrecisionAg Media and Meister Media Worldwide on the inaugural PrecisionAg® Vision ConferenceSM.
So why am I excited to be in Phoenix next week?
Here are 10 highlights and insights I submit for your consideration.
- Cybersecurity. Worried? Scared? Listen to Dale Meyerrose’s every word to arm your organization against risk. As the former CIO of the Defense Intelligence Agency and now a recognized global speaker, he will educate us on how to respond to The Cybersecurity Threat in Agriculture.
- Crowdsourcing. Hear how Joe Byrum is tapping the best global brains through Smart Crowdsourcing of analytics and intelligence to solve the big challenges in agriculture and food.
- Internet of Things. A roundup from the farm, GE, and John Deere to learn what it means to really DO this thing called Bringing IoT to the Farm.
- Agriculture. Have you seen Ken Zuckerberg on video? Ken has a pragmatic, informed narrative on key adoption drivers and the criticality of collaborative innovation.
- Oil and Gas. How 80+ global companies, leveraging more than 40 data sources, turned GIS imagery into profits.
- Miniature Sensors. Sensor geeks, unite! See this “A Day in the Life” infographic to learn how new sensors are enabling IoT and networks to change our world – for the better.
- Big Data. Bill Schmarzo will make you an expert with The Big Data MBA. Impress your friends over cocktails!
- Food. Get x-ray vision through continuity of supply-chain data drivers and analytics to develop food systems that are FIT for the Future of Food. Looking forward to hearing from the companies leading the charge.
- Investing. Can we focus on farm and food supply-chain needs? (Dirty boots!) Are we connecting the whole value delivery chain? Please?
- Global. Take a world tour to Australia, Brazil, and Russia to hear what’s different and how they are solving it with data.